Join the UMass Boston Office of Community Partnerships and UMass Boston Community Relations on February 7 at 9:30 a.m. in the Alumni Lounge for a dialogue with UMass Boston faculty and organizational leaders across Boston who are focused on working with communities on equity issues:
- Lorna Rivera, Associate Professor in UMass Boston Department of Women's, Gender, and Sexuality Studies and Director of the Mauricio Gastón Institute for Latino Community Development and Public Policy, UMass Boston
- Cedric Woods, Director of the Institute of New England Native American Studies, UMass Boston
- Shirley Tang, Associate Professor in the UMass Boston Asian American Studies Program, UMass Boston
- Celina Barrios-Millner, City of Boston
- Leverett Wing, Commonwealth Seminar
- Rahsaan Hall, American Civil Liberties Union
The discussion will be facilitated by special guest, Meghan Irons, The Boston Globe Reporter.
The fireside chat will be an opportunity to deepen the dialogue about community based partnerships, the role of the university in the greater community, and how we can engage in building a more equitable Boston with integral partners.
This event is open to all – UMass Boston and community members.
For disability-related accommodations, including dietary accommodations, please visit www.ada.umb.edu two weeks prior to the event.