The ACLU is a nonprofit and nonpartisan organization, which does not accept government funding and never charges clients for legal representation. We rely instead on members and donors to provide the support necessary to preserve, protect, and defend our constitutional rights and individual liberties.
PLEASE CLICK TO:
Support the ACLU Foundation of Massachusetts!
The ACLU Foundation of Massachusetts is an IRS 501(c)3 organization that primarily engages in high-impact litigation and public education activities, as well as a limited amount of lobbying and legislative advocacy. Gifts to the ACLU Foundation of Massachusetts are generally tax-deductible.
Become a card-carrying member of the ACLU!
The ACLU of Massachusetts is an IRS 501(c)4 organization that funds all of the ACLU’s work, including litigation, education, organizing, lobbying, and legislative advocacy. Membership gifts to the ACLU of Massachusetts are generally not tax-deductible. (See above if you’d like your gift to be tax-deductible.)
ACLU members support our work at the local, state, and national levels – and one gift makes you a member of both the ACLU of Massachusetts and the National ACLU! The ACLU of Massachusetts is an IRS 501(c)4 organization that funds all of the ACLU’s work, including litigation, education, organizing, lobbying, and legislative advocacy. Membership gifts to the ACLU of Massachusetts are generally not tax-deductible. (See above if you’d like your gift to be tax-deductible.)
Please note that we cannot accept gifts through Amazon Smile.
Other Ways of Giving
- Monthly giving: Become a Guardian of Liberty with a gift of $10, $20, $50 or more each month, to provide the sustained support the ACLU needs to fight for our rights every day, in Massachusetts and across the nation!
- Gift memberships: Bring a friend or family member into the ACLU family, and our ongoing fight for freedom, with a gift membership!
- Make a tribute gift: A tribute gift is a meaningful way to honor a special friend, colleague, or loved one while helping to protect civil liberties and human rights in Massachusetts and across the country.
- Gift of Stock: By making a gift of stock, you can support the work of the ACLU while securing tax benefits for yourself. Contact our Development Office for details on making a stock transfer gift.
- Planned giving: By including the ACLU in your will, you can leave a legacy of liberty for generations to come.
- Bill of Rights Dinner: Buy tickets to our annual celebration of liberty and justice for all, fulfill a pledge to our Dinner "challenge," or offer your input and feedback on our only annual fundraising event!
The ACLU serves the public interest and is supported by the interested public; without your support, there would be no ACLU. With your help, we will continue working to protect the transformative gains we have made in defense of individual freedom, and to extend the promise of liberty, justice, and equality to those who have for too long been denied those rights.
Thank you for supporting the ACLU as generously and consistently as you can—because freedom can’t protect itself!