The ACLU of Massachusetts (ACLUM) offers a one-of-a-kind career opportunity for an Executive Assistant (EA) who will serve as a confidential, intuitive, and thoughtful helper handling a range of administrative responsibilities with grace, poise, intelligence and humor.
Please be motivated, capable, and detail-oriented. We seek someone who is considered a positive force, and who manages stressful situations with ease, and treats everyone with dignity and respect.
ACLUM is an affiliate of a nationwide, non-profit, non-partisan organization dedicated to the defense and expansion of civil liberties and civil rights. For most of the last century, we have been at the heart of many of the most major – and sometimes controversial – struggles for civil liberties in our state. Our mission is to ensure that Constitutional rights don’t just exist on paper, but are protected in practice.
- Provide outstanding administrative support to the Executive Director (ED) and executive office and serve as the primary point of contact.
- Manage ED’s calendar and schedule, keeping her well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, coordinating logistics for external activities and preparing presentations and reports for meetings and special events.
- Systematically track correspondence and the status of requests and responses.
- Prioritize conflicting needs, handle matters proactively and expeditiously, effectively manage deadlines and follow through on projects.
- Manage filing, archiving, expense reports and reimbursements.
- Provide comprehensive support for special initiatives and events as determined by the Executive Director including luncheons, dinners, ceremonies, and community events.
- Organize staff-wide events on behalf of the Executive Director
- Support varied confidential HR-related projects including tracking managers’ completion of annual performance review, assist with plans for training delivery, update organizational charts, and with other HR special projects as needed.
- Provide administrative support for the Board of Directors, including maintenance of committee rosters, meeting schedules, minute books, preparing meeting materials, and taking and disseminating board minutes.
- Maintain the board manual and board contact lists.
- Submit annual Board filings with the Secretary of State.
- Backstop the Office Administrator to ensure efficient operations including ordering and organizing supplies and ensuring common office areas are well organized.
- Substantial administrative experience in a fast-paced nonprofit, with a track record of deftly managing competing priorities and strong organizational, communication, prioritization, and planning skills.
- Outstanding client and customer service skills.
- Highly proficient MS Office skills.
- Reliable, discreet, and with reputation for maintaining confidentiality without exception.
- Verbal, written and interpersonal savvy, with superior judgment at all times.
- Deadline-driven and personally accountable.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Experience managing travel, calendar and a range of logistics for busy executives.
- A sense of humor and empathetic orientation.
The ideal candidate for this position is a thoughtful helper who takes pride in ensuring executives have the essential support they need each day, and who is comfortable in the role of a valued assistant and administrative liaison. Flexibility is required for minute-taking attendance of monthly ACLUM board of director meetings, and for other occasional evening meetings.
No task is considered too small and the EA ensures that the Executive Director and executive office have top-notch administrative support so they can thrive and do their best work. This administrative professional will be a valued, confidential partner, supported and rewarded by ACLUM leaders.
If you recognize yourself in this description and the requirements please forward CV and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line Executive Assistant. Tell us why this role resonated with you and what it would be like to have you on our team. All qualified applications will receive immediate consideration.
ACLUM offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience, and a robust benefits package that includes full employer-funded medical coverage, generous vacation and 401-K matching.