Calling all digital communications mavens with a passion for social media platform management, online audience cultivation, and website operations.
The ACLU of Massachusetts, the state’s premier civil rights and civil liberties organization, has an opportunity for a Digital Communications Manager with strong skills in digital and social media content production, knowledge of and experience implementing best practices for driving multi-platform audience growth, and experience in website administration and maintenance.
Please note that flexibility to accommodate work during evenings and weekends when warranted is a key requirement for this role.
Playing an essential role on ACLU of Massachusetts’ five-person communications team, the Digital Communications Manager will report to the Communications Director.
We’re eager to hear from you if you promise to be a driven and dedicated colleague, and if mission-driven, team-oriented work interests you!
We encourage candidates with the following skills, experience, and interests to apply:
- At least 2 years’ experience in the communications or digital marketing fields.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Excellent verbal, writing, proofreading, and general communication skills.
- Experience with website content management systems, social media content production, and multi-channel online platform management.
- Basic knowledge of HTML preferred.
- Experience with graphic design, photography, videography, and video editing a plus.
- Ability to prioritize and meet daily deadlines.
- Creative, highly organized, with the ability to work well under pressure.
- A track record of working well with colleagues and staff at all organization levels.
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion. Respect for differences in race, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, ability, and socio-economic circumstance.
- Execute digital communications strategies to further advocacy and organizational goals while maintaining stylistic consistency.
- Ensure digital content is integrated and/or compliments traditional communications work.
- Help craft and implement long-term plan for digital media presence and audience growth.
- Produce content for and manage social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc.)
- Build social media audience and strengthen digital network.
- Track social media analytics with the assistance of Communications Director and Communications Coordinator.
Website Operation and Upkeep
- Regularly update and maintain website.
- Produce interdepartmental project-based web content.
- Work to ensure online content is engaging and accessible to all audiences.
- Track website analytics with the assistance of Communications Director and Communications Coordinator.
- Copyedit materials for public and press distribution as needed.
- Special projects and other tasks as assigned by the Communications Director.
- Work with designers to create graphics for social media and website as directed.
- Create graphics on project specific basis as directed.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send resume, cover letter and two or three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Digital Communications Manager” in the subject line.